- The registrations will be received directly via online nomination forms on the website while the submissions will be received via emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the specified format.
- The entries and nomination forms will be checked for completeness and for satisfaction of eligibility criteria.
- While the nomination form will carry names and other details, the submission itself should carry NO NAMES of the individual or the firm. The mention of names in the submissions may lead to disqualification.
- All complete entries will be coded for anonymity and made ready for the jury.
- The winners will be awarded at the Saint-Gobain & The Economic Times Smart Green Summit on 27thApril, 2018.
- For the Start-up category, 5 best entries will be shortlisted by the jury. These 5 start-ups will then get the opportunity to present their work to the industry professionals at the Saint-Gobain & The Economic Times Smart Green Summit. The winner will be awarded along with the other award categories.
- Indian organizations / individuals are permitted to participate in the awards i.e. organizations with a registered address and who conduct business / have operations in India. They may submit designs that are either executed in India or outside India.
- In the All Asia category, organizations with a registered address and who conduct business / have operations in Asia are permitted to participate. They may submit designs that are either executed in Asia or outside Asia. This category excludes Indian organizations / individuals with a registered address and who conduct business / have operations in India.
- Projects nominated for award categories are eligible only if the projects were completed in or after December, 2012.
- Participants (including individual and top management executives of participating organization) must not have been convicted and / or prosecuted for commission of any criminal offence.
- Participants (including individual and top management executives of participating organization) must not be under any legal disability e.g. insolvency, restraint by court order etc. and / or is prohibited from entering any contractual relationship.
- The projects that have been submitted in the earlier editions of the Smart Green Awards are eligible to be submitted in the current edition unless the project was awarded in the past editions of the Smart Green Awards. Please note however, that these projects need to have been completed in or after December, 2012.
For categories 1-8, 10 :
- All requirements marked with a * are compulsory.
- Conceptual level sketches/ ideas
- *Architectural drawings -all drawings that best explain the project:
For example you may choose to submit:
- Site plan
- Floor plans
- Materials and other construction details
- Any other drawings
- 3-D views
- *Photographic documentation
- Post-occupancy documentation: These can be in the form of
- Testimonials from users
- Testimonials from clients
- How the smart green quotient of the designed space has transformed the neighbourhood etc.
For Special Category: Start up of the Year
- The start-up needs to showcase the smart and green work that they have done since their inception.
- Built and Un-built projects may be showcased
- Apart from the nomination form, a portfolio needs to be submitted with a maximum of 5 A3 sheets in a pdf/ppt format.
- The portfolio needs to contain at least 1 completed project with photographs.
For Special Category: Technology
- Apart from the nomination form, the submission should include any drawings, 3D models, and/or photographs of the mentioned technological innovation.
- A maximum of 3 A3 sheets or 5 A4 sheets in .pdf/.ppt format need to be submitted
- An online nomination form needs to be filled, which will be your registration into the competition.
- Apart from the nomination form, a maximum of 4 A3 sheets in high resolution pdf or ppt format is to be submitted for categories 1-8, 10. These need to be emailed to email@example.com
- For Category 9: Special categories:
- “Smart Green Special Category Award: Start-up of the year” you may submit a maximum of 5 A3 sheets
- “Smart Green Special Category Award: Technology & Innovation” you may submit a maximum of 3 A3 or 5 A4 sheets.
- Sheets must contain name of project and location.
- DO NOT MENTION NAMES of participants/ firms on the sheets. Mentioning of names of the individual or the firm on the submission sheets will lead to disqualification.
- The received entries will be coded for anonymity for the jury by the organisers.
- The content must be clearly titled with sheet numbers mentioned. The ppt/ pdf file should be titled – ‘name of architect/project name/ location/ category name’.
- Please mark North Direction wherever applicable to show orientation of drawings
The Evaluation will be based on the following aspects-
- The Design Concept
- Novelty/ Innovation
- Building materials
- Efficiency of design
- Multi-Comfort (Acoustic, Thermal, Solar, Indoor Air Quality, Safety)