What kinds of projects may be submitted for the awards?
- Living Space: Homes
- Living Space: Hospitality
- Living Spaces: Work
- Living Spaces: Healthcare
- Living Spaces: Learning Institutions
- Living Spaces: Public Utility, Heritage and Conservation
- Special Categories:
o Technology: This may entail any innovation in technology related to software, construction practices etc.
o Start-up of the year Award: An architectural firm that has been established and registered in or after September, 2011.
More details about the categories and the kinds of entries for each of these categories can be found:
My entry doesn’t fit in any mentioned categories. How can I be a part of the awards?
What are the submission requirements for the awards entries?
(All requirements marked with a * are compulsory.)
Conceptual level sketches/ ideas – optional
Architectural drawings (all drawings that suit best to explain the project*):
o Site plan (for macro)
o Floor plans
o Materials and other details
3-D views – optional
Post occupancy documentation – optional
What is the submission format for entries?
Maximum of 2 A2 sheets in high resolution pdf or ppt format. Sheets must contain name of project and location.
No names of participants to be mentioned on the sheets. The received entries will be re-coded for anonymity for the jury by the organisers.
The content must be clearly titled with sheet numbers mentioned. The word file and the ppt/pdf should be all put into one folder titled „name of architect/project name/ location/ category name‟.
Please mark North Direction wherever applicable to show orientation of drawings
What are the evaluation criteria?
The Design Concept
Efficiency of design
Multi-Comfort (Acoustic, Thermal, Solar, Indoor Air Quality, Safety)
Please note that these are just broad heads under which evaluation may or may not occur and that the jury will have the final word.
What is the last date of submission?
Who can participate in the competition?
- Indian organizations / individuals are permitted to participate in the awards i.e. organizations with a registered address and who conduct business / have operations in India. However, foreign architects/design consultancy firms who have designed a project in India and do not have a permanent establishment may also be considered. Furthermore, only projects in India are allowed to participate in the awards.
- Projects nominated for award categories are eligible only if the projects were completed between September, 2011 and September, 2016.
- Participants (including individual and top management executives of participating organization) must not have been convicted and / or prosecuted for commission of any criminal offence.
- Participants (including individual and top management executives of participating organization) must not be under any legal disability e.g. insolvency, restraint by court order etc. and / or is prohibited from entering any contractual relationship.
I am a student studying architecture/ design. Can I participate in the competition?
The submission is via e-mail only or in addition any hard copies/ prints are required.
In submission format it’s written that “only 2 A2 sheets in high resolution pdf or ppt format are required”. Does it mean that nothing other than these 2 A2 sheets can be submitted?
Under the head of submission requirement there are few optional deliverables. So if we want to submit these optional deliverables these are to be submitted in the specified 2 A2 sheets or these are to be submitted in additional sheets?
In submission format’s third point it is mention that “The word file and ppt/pdf should be all put into one folder”. Please clarify what is required in this word file? Is this for the brief of project?
Is any form of green certification mandatory for me to send in an entry for these awards?
My entry doesn’t fulfil the minimum (or maximum) area mentioned in the brief. Can I still submit it?
Explain the procedure for submitting an entry for the awards
- Register on www.smartgreen.in and generate a Unique ID
- Basis the ID generated, fill up the Nomination form
- Send in the submissions as per the format requested, to email@example.com
- What is the submission format for “Special Categories”?
Special Categories: technology
You will need to send a complete nomination form and 2 A2 sheets. No more and nothing else is required.
Special Categories: start-up of the year
You will need to send a complete nomination form. You will also need to provide a link to your website or portfolio.